Sunday, August 19, 2012

26 Days Post-Op - We're having another bad day...

Well I am pretty sure I've overdone it....yup....

Yesterday my husband and I went to Wal-Mart to get a few items and then we went down to the lake. We went for a little walk along the path and we sat on a bench and chatted for a while, watching the waves roll in. It really was a lovely afternoon. Finally, we decided to grab a quick bite to eat and head home.

Upon arrival, I did my exercises...I definitely found them to be more painful that usual. We then watched a couple movies. About halfway through the second movie my lower back flared up. (This has happened a few times pre-op in the last several months...not a nice symptom of FAI.) Finally, I ended up taking a Percocet....that didn't calm it down....took another one and then finally the pain started to ease. I am still having horrible low back pain today. At the moment I am icing it while having my coffee....ugh...

Another thing I am going to mention is I am having a strange sensation/pain while doing 2 of my exercises - this began about 3 days ago. When I bring my knee up (either standing or laying down) I find it to be extremely painful deep inside the joint. When I bring my leg/knee down, it almost feels as though something is catching inside the joint....like it's not a fluid motion....not sure if that makes any sense. I'm not sure if I am just starting to notice it now that my ROM is improving....so there is healing going on inside and since I am able to bring my knee up farther I can feel these sensations.

I am definitely going to mention it to therapist. I start physio therapy with my regular PT on Wednesday and am in the midst of playing phone tag with a PT who does hydro-therapy.

Anyhoo...I better shower now. I have a friend popping in soon....then I need to lay down....today = serious rest.

Here is an updated photo from yesterday of my incision!


No comments:

Post a Comment